Tuesday, March 21, 2006

MaC aTtaCk!

Bismillah Arrahman AlRaheem
____________________________


Greetings to all my peeps all over the world. Back to school on a Tuesday: 8:03 am.

This week is busy as ever with a French Exam on friday, meetings, and articles to finish (it really is never ending).

Today I'm supposed to meet a good friend of mine who converted to Islam recently. We're all so happy for because they've always been close to the Islamic Society and has helped us with numerous events for 3 years. It's great to see them finally joining us in faith. We're also having a special potluck dinner this weekend, so it will be fun. Alhamdulillah.

I have to profess my love for Apple, LLC, the company founded by Steve Jobs, who according to Wikipedia.com:

"Steve Jobs was born to Abdulfattah John Jandali, a Syrian political science professor, and an American mother, Joanne Carole Schieble, in San Francisco, California on February 24, 1955. One week after birth, Jobs was put up for adoption by his unmarried mother. He was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View, Santa Clara County, California. They gave him the name Steven Paul Jobs. His biological parents later married and gave birth to Jobs' sister, the novelist Mona Simpson, whom Jobs did not meet until they were adults. The marriage of his biological parents ended in divorce years later. Jobs dislikes hearing the "adoptive parents" appelation applied to Paul and Clara Jobs and refers to them as his only parents"



Sub7an Allah, the sooriyeeen made the tuffa7a, lik eewaah, biddak tiffa7!! It shows you that the Arabs are a gifted people :P (now that was just silly), but it really is interesting to think about..

Yes, but my obsession with Apple is due to several reasons, first of all, the first computer I ever owned was an apple. The Macintosh LC II, a one-button mouse, disk drive and hard disk under the screen. I absolutely loved it, and I still have it in my room in Riyadh, I'm planning to put it in a special glass case when I get my own place in sha Allah. Maybe sell it on ebay in 20 years for a ridiculous sum of money.

I currently own a 12" G4 powerbook, and it is really God's gift to the computer world. It's smaller than almost all of my textbooks, is extremely light, and the OS X operating system is phenomenal.

I don't like to say it, but I look down on other OS users (ESPECIALLY WINDOWS) because windows isn't even half as good, constantly buggy and no slick features.

Sorry Bill Gates, but unless Windows Vista (the new one coming out) is relatively close to Macs, I ain't buyin that shit.

And according to inside sources from the Microsoft Board of the Future, it won't be as good as OS X.

Linux is great, but a bit complicated for the novice user, but the Tiger OS is built on a linux base, so you're essentially getting the same benefits of UNIX, but a sleek, crisp, piece of genius..

In my opinion, the only computers worth buying at all are:

For laptops: Mac, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad (#1 recommended laptop at Harvard and MIT), and the Sony VAIO if multimedia is a big part of ur work, and alienware if you're a master gamer.

For desktops: Dell, Sony, IBM, Apple, Alienware. Dell mainly because the majority of Corporate America and Corporate Arabia run Dell desktops (very solid, easy to customize, great customer service, but they're laptops SUCK).

I don't claim to know it all, but I'm a computer freak (though didn't wanna do CS or CE) and this is my input, if I'm wrong please correct me..

And keep readin, lotsa more controversy coming soon :)


-Y ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Alzalamat invented the Apple, interesting. It makes me proud.

Dude what's up with the hair cut? No comments :D

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.