Saturday, March 25, 2006

Weekendation.. !

Bismillah Arrahman AlRaheem
____________________________

The weekend is upon us yet again, after a week of work, drama, and midterms. I had two exams yesterday, French and Philosophy. The philosophy I postponed because I couldn't take it, and the French one I think I aced. I'll find out soon.

Yesterday was great, met up with old friends I hadn't seen for a long time. I got some physical therapy in the afternoon which was so relaxing for the rest of the day.

Sunday is also very busy, most of my Gulf Falcons have a seconed team in the intramural league and they play in the final match tomorrow. Allah yiwaffighum :)

Next Wednesday I head to Ohio for the rest of the week, I'm attending the Rise Finance Symposium which is supposed to be extremely stimulating and a great educational experience. The keynote speaker last year was Ben Bernanke (the recently appointed Chairman of the Fed, after Alan Greenspan left that position). So I'm hoping to meet some finance gurus and have a good time. Not sure about what fun is like in Ohio though.. :)

I got lots of positive responses on my previous piece, one of my friends even contacted some local newspapers, so maybe just maybe I'll get published soon. I've also had a lot of discussion about the article and lots of opposing opinions have been brought to my attention which I value greatly, since all of us are prone to err, and unless we discuss and debate, we can't reach a consensus or learn from each other. The piece has been revised, so I would scan through it because one or two paragraphs were added that discuss some very important points.

This is all that's on my mind for now, more to come in sha Allah, and KEEP COMMENTING! I will only improve and learn if you offer me feedback.

-Y ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.