Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dimanche.. :)

Bismillah Arrahman AlRaheem
____________________________

Assalama Lizzo Foh Shizzo my peeps,


Another highly eventful weekend to say the least:


Friday
Started bad, but after I caught up on sleep, ended my French exam (very well in sha Allah), and finished physical therapy I enjoyed the rest of my day. I went to a Persian event with a good friend and met some cool people there. The persians thought I was persian, which was interesting, but the good thing about it was that they were even more excited that I was a Saudi and that I was interested in attending the event. At night, I chilled with my budz at Marios's krib.


Saturday

Later on for lunch, we had two of our friends: Shaibah and Max give a slightly different perspective of the college experience as a graduate student [Max] and a freshman [Shaibz] from the UAE. This was at Marcello's (Italian/Persian restaurant) on Newbury street. The food was phenomenal and we had a great time. The footage we got was great and we laughed a lot.

After saying our Salamz, I went into xtreme preparation mode for the Multicultural weekend that ISBU was holding. I ironed my thobe and shumagh for the first time in at least 5 years which was an interesting relearning experience. Then I donned my thobe, shumagh, farwah, custom-made Zbairiyyah, and shades (typical saudi) and headed out of my place with some decorations for the exhibit. I got some of my boys to prepare the coffee, tea and dates..



Sunday
Woke up early again (it's a trend people, and it's fun).

Next, Nick and I headed to newbury for Brunch (which became Lunch thanks to our two buddies Max and Marios being late). I bought a bunch of accesories from Emporio, and then FCUK had a 70% sale (which was also gr8 impulse buyin). And we had a very chill lunch with lots of laughter at Armani Caffe. Nick thinks we can make it to Hollywood, and we might.. You never know, we have a very interesting group of friends and it may happen someday.


The night was the highlight by far..


The events of the night included a video screening of "testing Islamic Awareness on campus video" a great piece of work that is available at:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6025412775746823061


Good night peeps,

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatu Allahi wa Barakatahu..

-YSH ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Omar H. Al-Madhi said...

Stealing my digital clock are we? :-D

12:22 AM  
Blogger Raven said...

Omar,

You should be happy I considered imitating you in something.. :)

Y

12:43 AM  
Blogger Trevelyana said...

Our Int'l Fest is coming up soon.. I think I might be copping out of this one though.

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.